Dr. Phelps has long been committed to providing his Indianapolis-area patients with the highest quality dental technology. We want to meet all of your dental needs with the best materials and the safest procedures.
That commitment is demonstrated through our use of a CEREC machine. With CEREC, Dr. Phelps can create and place high-quality ceramic restorations (dental crowns and fillings, for examples) in a single visit.
This exciting technology is well-loved by our patients, who no longer need multiple office visits to receive vital ceramic restorations.
If you live in the Indianapolis, Indiana area and you want to speak with our CEREC dentist about your options, please call Dr. John Phelps at 317-818-9858.
What are CEREC Single Visit Dental Restorations?
In the traditional method of creating dental restorations, your dentist would first take multiple impressions of your teeth. This can be unpleasant, and cause some to gag. Those impressions would then be sent away to a lab, where your restorations would be created. A temporary crown or dental bridge would need to be worn while your restoration was being made.
It wasn't a bad system, and the resulting pieces of dental work were quite strong. However, CEREC makes the entire process much more efficient and much less unpleasant.
CEREC stands for "Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics." It uses computer-assisted design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) to quickly create ceramic restorations in just one visit.
How CEREC Dentistry & One Day Restorations Works
Here's how our CEREC Process works:
- First, Dr. Phelps will examine the tooth in question in order to get a sense of what restoration you need.
- Dr. Phelps will prepare the area through the use of local anesthetic and the removal of any damaged or diseased tissue.
- Then, we use a digital camera to take high-quality images of your tooth and the surrounding area.
- Those images are uploaded to the CEREC machine. A computer converts the image into a 3-D model on the screen.
- Your restoration is then designed to fit your tooth, and match the color, shape, and bite of your other teeth.
- The model and restoration specifications are sent to a milling machine, which will create your restoration using precision-engineered and computer-controlled mechanical tools.
- Dr. Phelps then does some final adjustments and applies the restoration to your tooth. If it fits and feels comfortable, we'll bond it to the tooth and you'll be done.
And that's it.
What Patients Have to Say About Our CEREC Dentist
Do You Want Same Day Dental Restorations?
The entire process of creating your high-quality restoration is completed in one visit, leaving you free to live your life as you always have.
If you're an Indianapolis, Carmel, or Noblesville, Indiana area resident and you think CEREC dental restorations sound intriguing, please call Dr. John Phelps at 317-818-9858 or contact us online.