CEREC dental restorations are fabricated in a single office visit using advanced computer-aided design and manufacturing. The most significant benefit of visiting a CEREC dentist for tooth restoration is how quickly you can have a cracked or broken tooth fixed.
But here in Indianapolis, many of our patients aren’t just worried about speed. They want to make sure they’re getting a high-quality dental restoration with great longevity.
Fortunately, CEREC restorations offer the best of both worlds. They are made from sturdy materials and will last as long as any other dental restoration with proper care. There are a few reasons for this:
- CEREC restorations are customized to fit perfectly in your mouth. CEREC technology provides exceptional precision and accuracy. A study in the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry found that these types of restorations perform and fit well.
- The technology has been around for decades and has seen consistent improvement. Newer CEREC materials are stronger and more durable than ever before.
- The longevity of your CEREC restoration largely depends on the skill of the person creating and placing it. Dr. John. R. Phelps is a highly experienced prosthodontist who specializes in restoring and replacing teeth.
The primary reason dental crowns and other restorations fail is because of tooth decay. As long as you keep your teeth and gums clean, there’s a good chance your CEREC restoration will last for many years.
Taking care of same-day dental crowns and other restorations is simple. Make sure to:
- Brush and floss regularly.
- Avoid chewing on hard candy or ice.
- Avoid using your teeth as tools.
- Visit our office every six months for dental cleanings and check-ups.
In addition to being a quick and efficient way to improve your smile, CEREC restorations can also be cost-effective. They allow our office to avoid the expense of working with an offsite lab, and we pass those savings on to you.
Dr. John R. Phelps wants to help you get quality dental restorations that look and function like natural teeth. To schedule an appointment for CEREC tooth restoration in Indianapolis, contact our office at 317-548-6217 today. We welcome patients from Carmel, Noblesville, and other areas of Indiana.