Dr. John Phelps is proud to offer CEREC dentistry, which utilizes state-of-the-art CAD/CAM technology to create beautiful, high-quality dental restorations in just one office visit. CEREC technology eliminates the need for messy impressions of your teeth and the need for temporary restorations while your permanent one is being constructed at a dental lab. By cutting out these unnecessary steps, we’re able to maximize your comfort and convenience.
The CEREC process works in the following manner:
- Dr. Phelps uses a digital camera to take images of the tooth being repaired
- These images are uploaded into the CEREC machine and converted into a 3D model of your tooth
- Dr. Phelps uses this model to design a porcelain restoration the precisely matches the color and shape of your tooth
- The specs for this restoration are then delivered to a milling machine that constructs your new dental restoration
- Dr. Phelps can fit your tooth with the restoration immediately and make any necessary adjustments during your one and only office visit
CEREC technology can be used to create just about any porcelain restoration, including dental crowns and porcelain veneers. This process offers you the following benefits:
- Your entire treatment can be completed in just one office visit
- Reduces the cost of your treatment due to the elimination of expensive lab work and multiple office visits
- High quality porcelain materials can be precisely matched to the color and shape of your natural teeth, ensuring beautiful, natural looking results
- Provides a metal-free restoration, which improves aesthetics and safety
- Preserves more of your natural tooth structure
- Provides a better fitting restoration than can be achieved by a lab
You can learn more about the benefits of our CEREC restorations by speaking with Dr. Phelps in person.
Please contact Dr. John Phelps using the form on this page or call 317-793-6133 today to schedule an appointment. We serve patients in the Indianapolis, Indiana area.